Réserve faunique La Vérendrye
Classified Tourist homes
- 819 736.7431
- 1 800 665.6527
Description of the Wild Life Reserve
With over 4,000 lakes, there is water aplenty in Réserve faunique La Vérendrye. This resource includes Grand lac Victoria and two huge reservoirs, Dozois and Cabonga, which are fed by rivers whose names evoke the local native cultures: Chochocouane, Capitachouane, des Outaouais, and Gens de Terre.
This is a paradise for canoe-campers and anglers, one that straddles the Outaouais and Abitibi-Témiscamingue regions.
Nestled in the peaceful great outdoors, our cabins can hold from 2 to 10 people. The perfect opportunity to make precious memories with family, friends or your significant other, not to mention the ideal setting for a few days of rest and recharging.
Campers too are pampered, since La Vérendrye has over a thousand campsites.
Every autumn, hunting brings back the heirs of this proud tradition to territories abounding in game.
Services and general features of the Wild Life Reserve
- 17 units
- 23 campgrounds with 480 campsites
- Dogs allowed in campgrounds | must be kept on a leash
- Comfort station at rivière des Outaouais campground and Baie des Sables campground
- Barbecues available on the cabin sites
- Packages available
- Beaches | non supervised swimming
- Reservation requested for accomodation, fishing and hunting
- Picnic areas
- Equipment rental, including motor boat
- Fishing | right of access mandatory
- Hunting | right of access mandatory
- Rights of access in sale at the Northern Registration Centre and the Visitor Information Centre of Val-d’Or
- Canoe-camping (tours and kayak and canoe rental)
- Mushrooms and berries picking
- Snowmobile trails
- Hunting and fishing equipment sale in the northern registration centre (bait and lures, firewood, ice and fishing license)
Schedule of the Wild Life Reserve
Open from Mid-May to Mid-September (according to the fishing season)
Northern registration centre | from May 17th to September 8th, 2018
Daily, 7am to 7pm